The MP2454 is a frequency-programmable (350kHz to 2.3MHz), step-down switching regulator with an integrated internal high-side, high-voltage power MOSFET. It outputs efficiently up to 0.6A and has current-mode control for fast loop response.
The wide 3.3V to 36V input range accommodates a variety of step-down applications in automotive-input environments. A 3.5μA shutdown mode quiescent current allows for use in battery-powered applications. Also, the device has a high duty cycle and low drop-out mode for automotive cold-crank conditions.
The MP2454 achieves high-power conversion efficiency over a wide load range by scaling down the switching frequency at light-load conditions to reduce both switching and gate driving losses.
Frequency foldback prevents inductor current runaway during start-up and short circuit. Thermal shutdown provides reliable, fault-tolerant operation. An open-drain power good (PG) signal indicates when the output is within its nominal voltage.
The MP2454 is available in MSOP-10 EP and QFN-10 (3mm x 3mm) packages.
- 60μA Operating Quiescent Current
- Wide 3.3V to 36V Operating Input Range
- 200mΩ Internal Power MOSFET
- Up to 2.3MHz Programmable Switching Frequency
- Stable with Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Internal Compensation
- External Soft Start
- > 90% Efficiency
- Low Dropout Operation for Cold Crank
- 3.5μA Low Shutdown Supply Current
- Synchronization to External Clock
- Power Good Output
- Programmable Power Good Delay Time
- MSOP-10 EP and QFN-10 (3mm x 3mm) Packages
- fsw (max) (kHz)2300
- Vin (min) (V)3.3
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iout (max) (A)0.6
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)1.8
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.8
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.06
- Regulated Outputs1
- PackageQFN-10 (3x3)
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Power Good
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency