You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
The NB680A is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with a fixed 3.36V Vout and low-power mode voltage scaling. It offers a very compact solution to achieve an 8A continuous output current and a 10A peak output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The NB680A operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range based on MPS proprietary switching loss reduction technology and internal low Ron power MOSFETs.
Adaptive constant-on-time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The DC auto-tune loop provides good load and line regulation.
The NB680A provides a fixed 3.3V LDO, which can be used to power the external peripheries, such as the keyboard controller in laptops.
Also, a 250kHz CLK is available on the NB680A. Its output can be used to drive an external charge pump, generating gate drive voltage for the load switches without reducing the main converter’s efficiency.
Full protection features include OC limit, OVP, UVP, and thermal shutdown.
NB680A requires a minimum number of external components and is available in a QFN-12 2mm x 3mm package.
- Wide 5.5V to 26V Operating Input Range
- Fixed 3.36V VOUT(+1.8% of 3.3V)
- LP# Output Voltage Scaling (-3% of 3.3V)
- Ultrasonic Mode
- 100μA Low Quiescent Current
- 8A Continuous and 10A Peak Output Current
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient
- DC Auto-Tune Loop
- Stable with POSCAP and Ceramic Output Capacitors
- 250 kHz CLK for External Charge Pump
- Built-In 3.3V, 100mA LDO with Switch Over
- 1% Reference Voltage
- Internal Soft Start
- Output Discharge
- 700kHZ Switching Frequency
- OCP, OVP, UVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Latch-Off Reset via EN or Power Cycle
- QFN-12 2mm x 3mm Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)700
- Vin (min) (V)5.5
- Vin (max) (V)26
- Iout (max) (A)8
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)11
- Vfb (typ) (V)3.36
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.11
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)3.36
- Vout (min) (V)3.36
- PackageQFN-12 (2x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesLP# Output Voltage Scaling, Output Discharge, Ultrasonic Mode