The MPQ8636HGV-20 is a fully-integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter. It offers a very compact solution to achieve 20A output current over a wide input supply range, with excellent load and line regulation. The MPQ8636HGV-20 operates at high efficiency over a wide output-current–load range.
The MPQ8636HGV-20 uses Constant-On-Time (COT) control to provide a fast transient response and ease loop stabilization.
An external resistor programs the operating frequency from 200kHz to 1MHz, and the frequency keeps nearly constant as input supply varies with the feed-forward compensation.
The default under-voltage lockout threshold is internally set at 4.1V, but a resistor network on the enable pin can increase this threshold. The soft-start pin controls the output-voltage startup ramp. An open-drain power-good signal indicates that the output is within nominal voltage range.
It has fully-integrated protection features that include over-current protection, over-voltage protection and thermal shutdown.
The MPQ8636HGV-20 requires a minimal number of readily-available, standard, external components and is available in a 5mm×4mm 25-Pin QFN package.
- Wide 4.5V-to-18V Operating Input Range
- 20A Output Current
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching-Loss–Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- 0.5% Reference Voltage Over 0°C to 70°C Junction Temperature Range
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 200kHz to 1MHz
- Non-Latch OCP, OVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.611V to 13V
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)20
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)25
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.611
- Iq (typ) (mA)1
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)13
- Vout (min) (V)0.611
- PackageQFN-25 (5x4)
- Control ModeCOT with fixed CCM
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency