The MP1496S is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with built-in power MOSFETs. It offers a very compact solution to achieve a 2A continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. The MP1496S has synchronous mode operation for higher efficiency over the output-current–load range.
Current-mode operation provides a fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
Protective features include over-current protection and thermal shut down and external SS control.
The MP1496S requires a minimal number of readily-available standard external components, and is available in a space-saving 8-pin TSOT23 package.
- Wide 4.5V to 16V Operating Input Range
- 150mΩ/70mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching-Loss–Reduction Technique
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode Operation
- Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency
- Can Synchronize with a 300kHz-to-2MHz External Clock
- Externally Programmable Soft-Start
- OCP Protection and Hiccup
- Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable Starting from 0.8V
- Available in an 8-pin TSOT23 Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)500
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)16
- Iout (max) (A)2
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)3
- Max Duty Cycle (%)0.95
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.807
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.7
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)15.2
- Vout (min) (V)0.8
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesExternal Frequency Sync