Wide Vin 4.5-26V, 3A, Wide Output, Sync Buck with 2-Bit VID
The NB682 is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with 2-Bit VID, especially designed for IMVP8 applications—VCCIO, PRIMCORE, V1.0A, EDRAM, and EOPIO, as well as other POLs (1.8V/2.5V/3.3V). It offers a very compact solution to achieve a 3A continuous output current and a 4A peak output current over a wide input supply range.
The NB682 operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range based on MPS proprietary switching loss reduction technology and internal low Ron power MOSFETs.
Adaptive constant-on-time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The DC auto-tune loop provides good load and line regulation.
NB682 provides both a low-power mode for power-loss saving during the low-power state and ultrasonic mode to avoid audible noise.
Full protection features include OC Limit, OVP, UVP, and thermal shutdown (TSD).
The converter requires a minimum number of external components and is available in a QFN-13 2mm x 3mm package.
- Wide 4.5V to 26V Operating Input Range
- VCCIO/PRIMCORE/EDRAM/EOPIO/V1.0A/1.8V/2.5V/3.3V Compatible for IMVP8
- Wide Output Adjustable by 2-Bit VID
- Low-Power Mode
- 25µA Low Quiescent Current
- 3A Continuous Output Current
- 4A Peak Output Current
- Selectable Ultrasonic Mode
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient
- DC Auto-Tune Loop
- Stable with POSCAP and Ceramic Capacitors
- 1% Reference Voltage
- Internal Soft Start
- Output Discharge
- UVP, OVP, OCL, and Thermal Shutdown
- Latch-Off Re-Set via EN or Power Cycle
- Lead and Halogen-Free, RoHS Compliant
- Available in a QFN-13 2mm x 3mm Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)750
- Vin (max) (V)26
- Iout (max) (A)3
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)4
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.15
- Vout (max) (V)3.3
- Vout (min) (V)0
- PackageQFN-13 (2x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesOutput Adjustable by 2-Bit VID, Output Discharge, Ultrasonic Mode