Wide Vin 4.8-26V, Low Iq, High Current, Fixed 3.3V-8A Synchronous Buck Converter with 100mA LDO
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
The NB680 is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with a fixed 3.3 V Vout. It offers a very compact solution to achieve an 8 A continuous output current and a 10 A peak output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The NB680 operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range based on MPS proprietary switching loss reduction technology and internal low Ron power MOSFETs.
Adaptive constant-on-time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The DC auto-tune loop provides good load and line regulation.
NB680 provides a fixed 3.3 V LDO, which can power the external peripheries, such as the keyboard controller in the laptop.
Also, a 250 kHz CLK is available; its output can drive an external charge pump, generating gate drive voltage for the load switches without reducing the main converter’s efficiency.
Full protection features include OC limit, OVP, UVP, and thermal shutdown.
NB680 requires a minimum number of external components and is available in a QFN 2mm x 3mm package.
- Wide 4.8 V to 26 V Operating Input Range
- Fixed 3.3 V Vout
- Ultrasonic Mode with Fs over 25 kHz
- 100 μA Low Quiescent Current
- 8 A Continous Output Current
- 10 A Peak Output Current
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient
- DC Auto-Tune Loop
- Stable with POSCAP and Ceramic Output Capacitors
- 250 kHz CLK for External Charge Pump
- Built-In 3.3 V, 100 mA LDO with Switch Over
- 1% Reference Voltage
- Internal Soft Start
- Output Discharge
- 700 kHZ Switching Frequency
- OCL, OVP, UVP, and Thermal Shutdown.
- Latch-Off Reset via EN or Power Cycle.
- QFN 2mm x 3mm Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)700
- Vin (min) (V)4.8
- Vin (max) (V)26
- Iout (max) (A)8
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)11
- Vfb (typ) (V)3.3
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.12
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)3.3
- Vout (min) (V)3.3
- PackageQFN-12 (2x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesOutput Discharge, Ultrasonic Mode