Wide Vin 5.5-26V, Low Iq, High Current, Fixed 5.1V-8A Synchronous Buck Converter with 100mA LDO and LP# Vout Scaling
The NB679A is a fully integrated, high- frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch- mode converter with a fixed 5.1V output andwith low- power mode voltage scaling. It offers a very compact solution to achieve an 8A continuous output current and a 10A peak output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The NB679A operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range based on MPS proprietary switching loss reduction technology and internal lLow Ron pPower MOSFETs.
Adaptive cConstant-On-Time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The DC auto- tune loop provides good load and line regulation.
NB679A also provides a fixed 5V LDO, which can be used to power the external peripheries.
Full protection features include OC lLimit, OVP, UVP, and thermal shut down.
The converter requires a minimum number of external components and is available in a QFN-12 2mm x 3mm packages.
- Wide 5.5V to 26V Operating Input Range
- Fixed 5.1V Vout (+2% of 5V Vout)
- LP# Output Voltage Scaling (-3% of 5V Vout)
- Supports Large Duty Operation
- Ultrasonic Mode
- 100μA Low Quiescent Current
- 8A Continuous Output Current and 10A Peak Output Current
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient
- DC Auto-Tune Loop
- Stable with POSCAP and Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Built-In 5V, 100mA LDO with Switch Over
- 1% Reference Voltage
- Internal Soft Start
- Output Discharge
- 700kHZ Switching Frequency
- OCP, OVP, UVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Latch-Off Reset via EN or Power Cycle
- QFN-12 (2mm x 3mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)700
- Vin (max) (V)26
- Iout (max) (A)8
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)11
- Vfb (typ) (V)5.1
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.11
- Vout (max) (V)5.1
- Vout (min) (V)5.1
- PackageQFN-12 (2x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesLP# Output Voltage Scaling, Output Discharge, Ultrasonic Mode