Wide Vin 5.5-26V, Low Iq, High Current, Fixed 5V-8A Synchronous Buck Converter with 100mA LDO
The NB679 is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down switch-mode converter with a fixed 5 V output. It offers a very compact solution to achieve 8 A continuous output current and 10 A peak output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The NB679 operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range based on MPS proprietary switching loss reduction technology and internal low Ron power MOSFETs.
Adaptive constant-on-time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The DC auto-tune loop provides good load and line regulation.
NB679 provides a fixed 5 V LDO, which can be used to power the external peripheries.
Full protection features include OC limit, OVP, UVP, and thermal shutdown.
The converter requires a minimum number of external components and is available in QFN 2mm x 3mm package.
- Wide 5.5 V to 26 V Operating Input Range
- Fixed 5 V Vout
- Supports 5.5 V-5 V
- Ultrasonic Mode with Fs over 25 kHz
- 100 μA Low Quiescent Current
- 8 A Continous Output Current
- 10 A Peak Output Current
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient
- DC Auto-Tune Loop for Load Regulation
- Stable with POSCAP and Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Built-In 5 V, 100 mA LDO with Switch Over
- 1% Reference Voltage
- Internal Soft Start
- Output Discharge
- 700 kHZ Switching Frequency
- OCP, OVP, UVP, and Thermal Shutdown.
- Latch-Off Reset via EN or Power Cycle
- QFN-12 (2mm x 3mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)700
- Vin (min) (V)5.5
- Vin (max) (V)26
- Iout (max) (A)8
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)11
- Vfb (typ) (V)5
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.11
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5
- Vout (min) (V)5
- PackageQFN-12 (2x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesOutput Discharge, Ultrasonic Mode