High-Efficiency, Fast-Transient, 10A, 24V, Fully-Integrated COT Sync Buck with +/-1A LDO and Buffered Reference, Low Iq Version
The NB675L is the lower quiescent current version of NB675. It provides a complete power supply for DDR3, DDR3L and LPDDR2 memory with the highest power density. It integrates a high frequency synchronous rectified step-down switch mode converter (VDDQ) with a 1.0A sink/source LDO (VTT) and buffered low noise reference (VTTREF).
NB675L is able to deliver 10A continuous output current and 12A peak output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation. The Buck converter employs the Constant-On-Time (COT) control scheme, which provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
The VTT LDO provides 1.0A sink/source current capability and requires only 10uF ceramic capacitance.
The VTTREF tracks VDDQ/2 with an excellent 1% accuracy.
Under voltage lockout is internally set as 4.6V. An open drain power good signal indicates VDDQ is within its nominal voltage range.
Full protection features include OCP, OVP, and thermal shut down.
This part requires minimum number of external components and is available in QFN21 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 4.7V to 24V Operating Input Range
- 10A Continuous Output Current
- 12A Peak Output Current
- Built-in +/- 1.0A VTTLDO
- 105μA Quiescent Current
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Internal Soft Start
- Output Discharge
- 500kHZ Switching Frequency for NB675L
- OCP, OVP, UVP Protection and Thermal Shutdown
- VDDQ Adjustable from 0.6V to 5.5V
- fsw (max) (kHz)500
- Vin (max) (V)24
- Iout (max) (A)10
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)12
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.604
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.105
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-21 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesOutput Discharge