Wide Vin 4.5-28V , 6A, OCP Hiccup Mode, COT Synchronous Step-Down Converter with 2-Bit VID
The NB650/NB650H is fully-integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converters with dynamic-output–voltage control. It offers a very compact solution to achieve 6A of continuous output current over a wide input supply range, and has excellent load and line regulation. The NB650/NB650H operates at high efficiency over a wide output-current–load range.
Constant-On-Time control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
2-bit VID inputs support changing the output voltage on-the-fly.
Full protection features include short-circuit protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, and thermal shut down.
The NB650/NB650H requires a minimal number of readily-available standard external components, and is available in a space-saving 3mm×4mm QFN17 package.
- Wide 4.5V-to-28V Operating Input Range
- 6A Output Current
- Internal 50mΩ High-Side, 18mΩ Low-Side Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- 1% Reference Voltage
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- 2-bit VID Input
- Soft Shutdown
- Frequency Programmable from 150kHz to 1MHz
- SCP, OCP, OVP, UVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Optional OCP Protection: Latch-Off Mode (NB650) and Hiccup Mode (NB650H)
- Output Adjustable from 0.6V to 13V
- Available in QFN17 (3mm×4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)28
- Iout (max) (A)6
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)10
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.4
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)13
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-17 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesDynamic Voltage Scaling, Programmable Frequency, Soft Stop