16V, 20A, Synchronous, Step-Down Converter with Adjustable Current Limit, Programmable Frequency and Voltage Tracking
The MPQ8633B is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, buck converter. It offers a very compact solution that achieves up to 20A of output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. The MPQ8633B operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range.
The MPQ8633B adopts an internally compensated constant-on-time (COT) control mode that provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
The operating frequency can be set to 600kHz, 800kHz, or 1000kHz easily with MODE configuration, allowing the MPQ8633B frequency to remain constant regardless of the input and output voltages.
The output voltage start-up ramp is controlled by an internal 1ms timer. It can be increased by adding a capacitor on TRK/REF. An open-drain power good (PGOOD) signal indicates if the output is within its nominal voltage range. PGOOD is clamped at around 0.7V with an external pull-up voltage when the input supply fails to power the MPQ8633B.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP).
The MPQ8633B requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-21 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide Input Voltage Range
- 2.7V to 16V with External 3.3V VCC Bias
- 4V to 16V with Internal Bias or External 3.3V VCC Bias
- Differential Output Voltage Remote Sense
- Programmable Accurate Current Limit Level
- 20A Output Current
- Low RDS(ON) Integrated Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- Stable with Zero ESR Output Capacitor
- 0.5% Reference Voltage over 0°C to +70°C Junction Temperature Range
- 1% Reference Voltage from -40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
- Selectable Pulse Skip or Forced CCM Operation
- Excellent Load Regulation
- Output Voltage Tracking
- Output Voltage Discharge
- PGOOD Active Clamped at Low Level during Power Failure
- Programmable Soft-Start Time from 1ms
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Selectable Switching Frequency from 600kHz, 800kHz, and 1000kHz
- Non-Latch OCP, UVP, UVLO, Thermal Shutdown, and Latch-Off for OVP
- Output Adjustable from 0.6V to 90%*VIN, up to 5.5V Max
- Available in a QFN-21 (3mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)2.7
- Vin (max) (V)16
- Iout (max) (A)20
- Max Duty Cycle (%)0.9
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.65
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-21 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesDifferential Output Voltage Remote Sense, Output Discharge, Precision Reference Voltage, Programmable Current Limit, Programmable Frequency, Voltage Tracking
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
The EVQ8633B-LE-00A is an evaluation board for the MPQ8633B, a high-efficiency, monolithic, synchronous, step-down converter.
This EVB can deliver 20A of continuous load current over a wide operating input range. High efficiency can be achieved over a wide output current load range.
The MPQ8633B adopts internally compensated constant-on-time (COT) control mode that provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
This EVB can be turned on or off via a remote on/off input (EN) referenced to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.
US$ 25.00 + tax