12A, 6V, CCM, Non-latch OVP and OCP, COT Synchronous Step-down Converter
The MPQ8616 is fully integrated high frequency synchronous rectified step-down switch mode converter. It offers very compact solutions to achieve 6A/12A output current from a 3V to 6V input with excellent load and line regulation. Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The MPQ8616 can operate with a low-cost electrolytic capacitor and can support ceramic output capacitor with external slope compensation. Operating frequency is programmed by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN. It is almost constant with all the input voltage and output load conditions. Under voltage lockout is internally set at 2.8 V, but can be increased by programming the threshold with a resistor network on the enable pin. The output voltage startup ramp is controlled by the soft start pin. A power good signal indicates the output is within its nominal voltage range. Full fault protection including OCP, SCP, OVP UVP and OTP is provided by internal comparators. The MPQ8616 requires a minimum number of readily available standard external components and are available in QFN3x4 packages.
- Wide 3V to 6V Operating Input Range
- 6A/12A Output Current
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- Adaptive COT for Ultrafast Transient Response
- 1% Reference Voltage Over -20°C to +85°C Junction Temperature Range
- Programmable Soft Start Time
- Pre-Bias Start up
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 300kHz to 1MHz.
- Minimum On Time TON_MIN=60ns Minimum Off Time TOFF_MIN=100ns
- Non-latch OCP, non-latch OVP Protection and Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.61V to 4.5V
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)3
- Vin (max) (V)6
- Iout (max) (A)12
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)23
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.61
- Iq (typ) (mA)1.05
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)4.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.61
- PackageQFN-14 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT with fixed CCM
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency, Soft Stop
High Efficiency, 12A, 6V Synchronous Step-down Converter Evaluation Board
The EVQ8616-L-12-00A is an evaluation board for the MPQ8616GL-12, a high efficiency monolithic synchronous step-down converter.
The Evaluation Board can deliver 12A continuous load current from a 3V to 6V input with excellent load and line regulation.
Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
The Evaluation Board can be turned on or shut down via a remote ON/OFF input that is reference to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.
US$ 25.00 + tax