High Efficiency 2A, 36V, Synchronous Step-Down Converter with PG and Ext.Sync
The MPQ4420H is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with built-in power MOSFETs. It offers a very compact solution to achieve a 2A continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. The MPQ4420H has synchronous mode operation for higher efficiency over the output current load range.
Current-mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
Full protection features include over-current protection and thermal shut down.
The MPQ4420H requires a minimal number of readily-available standard external components, and is available in a space-saving 8-pin TSOT23 package.
- Wide 4V to 36V Continuous Operating Input Range
- 90mΩ/55mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode Operation
- Default 410kHz Switching Frequency
- Synchronizes to a 200kHz to 2.2MHz External Clock
- High Duty Cycle for Automotive Cold-crank
- Power-Save Mode
- Internal Soft-Start
- Power Good
- OCP Protection and Hiccup
- Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.8V
- Available in an 8-pin TSOT-23 package
- Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1
- fsw (max) (kHz)410
- Vin (min) (V)4
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iout (max) (A)2
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)4.2
- Max Duty Cycle (%)0.95
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.792
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.5
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)32.4
- Vout (min) (V)0.8
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesExternal Frequency Sync