Industrial Grade, 55V, 2.5A Programmable Frequency LED Driver
The MPQ2483A is a 55V LED driver suitable for either step-down or inverting step‑up and step-down applications. It achieves a 2.5A peak current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The MPQ2483A incorporates both DC and PWM dimming into a single control pin. The separate input reference ground allows for direct enable and dimming control for positive-to-negative power conversion.
Current-mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Full protection features include cycle-bycycle peak current limiting, output over-voltage protection (OVP), open-string protection, output short-circuit protection (SCP), and thermal shutdown.
The MPQ2483A requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in 10-pin QFN (3mmx3mm) and 14-pin SOIC14 packages.
- 2.5A Maximum Peak Current
- Buck or Buck-Boost Modes
- Wide 4.5V to 55V Operating Input Range
- 0.28Ω Internal Power MOSFET Switch
- Analog and PWM Dimming
- 0.198V Reference Voltage
- 5μA Shutdown Mode
- Stable with Low ESR Capacitors
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown, Over-Voltage (OVP), Short–Circuit (SCP), and Open-String Protection
- AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)55
- Vout (max) (V)55
- Iout (max) (A)2.5
- Open LED ProtectionYes
- PackageQFN-10 (3x3), SOIC-14
- Rds(on) (mΩ)280
- TypeBuck-Boost/Low-Side Buck
- Vfb (V)0.198
- fsw (max) (kHz)1350
- Iq (mA)0.8
- Ishutdown (µA)3.4