High-Efficiency, Fast-Transient, 3.5A, 36V Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
The MP9473 is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter. It offers a compact solution to achieve a 3.5A, continuous-output current over a wide input-supply range with excellent load and line regulation. It provides fast, transient response and good stability for wide input-supply and load range. The MP9473 operates at high efficiency over a wide-output-current load range.
MP9473 has full protection features including, short-circuit protection (SCP), over-current protection (OCP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and thermal shutdown (TSD).
The MP9473 requires minimal, readily available, standard, external components, and is available in a compact 3mmx4mm, 20-pin, QFN package.
- Wide 4.5V-to-36V Operating Input Range
- Guaranteed 3.5A, Continuous Output Current
- Internal 40mΩ High-Side, 20mΩ Low-Side Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching-Loss-Reduction Technology
- 1% Reference Voltage
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Low Drop-Out Mode
- 200kHz-to-1MHz Switching Frequency
- SCP, OCP, UVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.8V to 0.9×VIN
- Available in a 3mmx4mm, 20-pin, QFN Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iout (max) (A)3.5
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)6.6
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.815
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.5
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)32.4
- Vout (min) (V)0.8
- PackageQFN-20 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency
The EV9473-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MP9473, a high-efficiency step-down regulator with integrated power MOSFETs.
MP9473 offers a very compact solution to achieve a 3.5A, continuous-output current over a wide input-supply range with excellent load and line regulation. It also provides fast transient response and good stability for wide input-supply and load range.
The EV9473-L-00A is a fully assembled and tested evaluation board. It generates a +3.3V output voltage at load current up to 3.5A from a 7V to 36V input range. Switching frequency is set at 500kHz.
US$ 25.00 + tax