- Wide 4.5V to 17V Operating Input Range
- 1% Internal Reference Accuracy
- I2C Programmable Reference Output Voltage
- Reference Voltage Range from 0.6V to 1.87V in 10mV Steps with Slew Rate Control
- I2C Selectable Switching Frequency
- 200kHz to 2MHz Synchronized External Clock
- OTP and OCP Hiccup Indication via I2C
- Selectable PSM and FS through I2C
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Open-Drain Power Good Indicator
- Small 3x4mm QFN-14 Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1500
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)17
- Iout (max) (A)8
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)10
- Max Duty Cycle (%)0.95
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.56
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-14 (3x4)
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesI2C Interface, Programmable Frequency, Programmable Output Voltage, Selectable Power-Saving Mode
The EV8867-LE-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP8867. MP8867 is a highly integrated and high frequency synchronous step-down switcher with I2C control interface. It is optimized to support up to 8A load current over an input supply range from 4.5V to 17V with excellent load and line regulation.
Current-Mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The reference voltage level can be controlled, on-the fly through an I2C serial interface. Reference voltage range can be adjusted from 0.6V to 1.87V in 10mV steps. Voltage scaling slew rate, enable and power saving mode are also selectable through the I2C interface. Full protection features include over voltage, hiccup over-current protection and thermal shut down.
The MP8867 is available in QFN-14(3mmx4mm) package.
US$ 25.00 + tax
This GUI can be used for evaluating the output voltage options and for optimizing output voltage selection. It does not require evaluation board. Refer to app note AN139 for more details.
Windows 7 or later
.Net Framework 4 or later
US$ 0.00 + tax
The MP8867 is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with an I2C control interface. The MP8867 achieves 8A of output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
Highly customizable, the MP8867 is capable of supporting a diverse array of low-voltage applications. Users can program it via MPS I2C GUI; however, changes made in I2C mode will not be retained once the EVB is powered down.
The EVKT8867 is a valuable evaluation tool well-suited for all types of experience levels, from beginner to expert, and can help users quickly determine if the MP8867 is right for their target application.
US$ 75.00 + tax