- Wide 4.5 V to 21 V Operation Input Range
- 50 mO/23 mO Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- 1% VOUT Accuracy
- I2C Programmable Reference Voltage Range from 0.6 V to 1.87 V in 10 mV Steps with Slew-Rate Control
- I2C Selectable Switching Frequency. Default 600 kHz Switching Frequency
- Programmable Output Voltage
- Power-Saving Mode, OTP, and OCP via I2C
- Power Good Indication
- 1-Bit I2C Address Set Pin
- OCP in Hiccup Mode
- External Soft-Start
- Available in a QFN 3mm x 3mm Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1600
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)21
- Iout (max) (A)4
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)7.5
- Max Duty Cycle (%)0.95
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.5
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5.2
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-15 (3x3)
- Control ModeCurrent Mode
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesI2C Interface, Programmable Frequency, Programmable Output Voltage, Selectable Power-Saving Mode
The EV8864-Q-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP8864. MP8864 is a highly integrated and high frequency synchronous step-down switcher with I2C control interface. It is optimized to support up to 4A load current over an input supply range from 4.5V to 21V with excellent load and line regulation.
Current-Mode operation provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The output voltage level can be controlled, on-the fly through a 3.4Mbps I2C serial interface. Voltage range can be adjusted from 0.6V to 1.87V in 10mV steps. Voltage slew rate, switching frequency and power savings mode are also selectable through the I2C interface. Fully protection features includes over current protection, over voltage protection and over temperature protection.
MP8864 is available in QFN15 (3mmx3mm) package.
US$ 25.00 + tax
This GUI can be used for evaluating the output voltage options and for optimizing output voltage selection. It does not require evaluation board. Refer to app note AN139 for more details.
Windows 7 or later
.Net Framework 4 or later
US$ 0.00 + tax
The MP8864 is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with an I2C control interface. The MP8864 offers a very compact solution that achieves 4A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range. The MP8864 uses synchronous mode operation for higher efficiency over the output load range.
Highly customizable, the MP8864 is capable of supporting a diverse array of mid-voltage applications. Users can program it via an MPS I2C GUI. Changes made in I2C mode will not be retained once the EVB is powered down.
The EVKT8864 is a valuable evaluation tool well-suited for all types of experience levels, from beginner to expert, and can help users quickly determine if the MP8864 is right for their target application.
US$ 75.00 + tax