The MP8861 is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with an I2C control interface. The MP8861 offers a fully integrated solution that achieves 6A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output voltage level can be controlled on-the-fly through an I2C serial interface. The reference voltage range can be adjusted from 0.6V to 1.108V in 4mV steps. The voltage slew rate, frequency, current limit, hiccup/latch-off protection, enable, and power-save mode (PSM) are also selectable through the I2C interface.
Constant-on-time (COT) control operation provides fast transient response. An open-drain power good (PG) pin indicates that the output voltage is in the nominal range. Full protection features include over-voltage protection (OVP), over-current protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP8861 is available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 2.85V to 18V Operating Input Range
- 6A Continuous Output Current
- 1% Internal Reference Accuracy
- I2C Programmable Reference Range from 0.6V to 1.108V in 4mV Steps with Slew Rate Control
- 5% Accuracy Output Voltage and Output Current Monitoring via I2C
- Selectable PFM/PWM Mode, Adjustable Frequency and Current Limit through I2C
- Four Different Selectable I2C Addresses
- External Soft Start (SS)
- Open-Drain Power Good (PG) Indication
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Hiccup/Latch-Off Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- VOUT Adjustable up to 5.5V using FB pin
- Available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1250
- Vin (min) (V)2.85
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)6
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)8.5
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.72
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.42
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-14 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special Features4 Different I2C Addresses Selectable, 5% Accuracy Output Voltage and Output Current Readback via I2C, I2C Interface, Programmable Output Voltage, Selectable Current Limit, Selectable PFM/PWM Mode
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
This GUI can be used for evaluating the output voltage options supported by the MP5416 and for optimizing output voltage selection. It does not require evaluation board. Refer to app note AN139 for more details.
Windows 7 or later
.Net Framework 4 or later
US$ 0.00 + tax