The MP8861 is a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with an I2C control interface. The MP8861 offers a fully integrated solution that achieves 6A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output voltage level can be controlled on-the-fly through an I2C serial interface. The reference voltage range can be adjusted from 0.6V to 1.108V in 4mV steps. The voltage slew rate, frequency, current limit, hiccup/latch-off protection, enable, and power-save mode (PSM) are also selectable through the I2C interface.
Constant-on-time (COT) control operation provides fast transient response. An open-drain power good (PG) pin indicates that the output voltage is in the nominal range. Full protection features include over-voltage protection (OVP), over-current protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP8861 is available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 2.85V to 18V Operating Input Range
- 6A Continuous Output Current
- 1% Internal Reference Accuracy
- I2C Programmable Reference Range from 0.6V to 1.108V in 4mV Steps with Slew Rate Control
- 5% Accuracy Output Voltage and Output Current Monitoring via I2C
- Selectable PFM/PWM Mode, Adjustable Frequency and Current Limit through I2C
- Four Different Selectable I2C Addresses
- External Soft Start (SS)
- Open-Drain Power Good (PG) Indication
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Hiccup/Latch-Off Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- VOUT Adjustable up to 5.5V using FB pin
- Available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1250
- Vin (min) (V)2.85
- Vin (max) (V)18
- Iout (max) (A)6
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)8.5
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.72
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.42
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- 封装QFN-14 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Light-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- 特性4 Different I2C Addresses Selectable, 5% Accuracy Output Voltage and Output Current Readback via I2C, I2C Interface, Programmable Output Voltage, Selectable Current Limit, Selectable PFM/PWM Mode