5A, 6V Highly-Efficiency, Synchronous, Step-Down Switcher with I2C Interface
The MP8845 is a highly integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, step-down switcher with an I2C control interface. The MP8845 can support up to 5A of load current over a 2.7V to 6V input supply range with excellent load and line regulation. Fixed-frequency hysteretic control mode provides an extremely fast transient response without loop compensation to achieve high efficiency easily under light-load conditions. The output voltage level can be controlled on-the-fly through a 3.4Mbps I2C serial interface. The voltage range can be adjusted from 0.6V to 1.1V in 3.9mV steps. The voltage slew rate, switching frequency, and power-saving modes are also selectable through the I2C interface. Full protection features include internal soft start, over-current protection (OCP), and over-temperature protection (OTP). The MP8845 requires a minimum number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a compact WLCSP-20 (1.70mmx2.10mm) package.
- 2.7V to 6V Input Voltage Range
- Up to 5A Load Current
- Internal 28mO High-Side and 17mO Low-Side Power MOSFETs
- Fixed-Frequency Hysteretic Mode Control
- I2C-Compatible Interface up to 3.4Mbps
- I2C-Programmable Output Range from 0.6V to 1.1V in 3.9mV Steps
- Factory Adjustable Switching Frequency from 1MHz to 2.2MHz
- I2C-Programmable Voltage Transition Slew Rate
- Power-Saving Mode Selectable via I2C
- Internal Soft Start
- Power Good Indicator
- Current Overload and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Available in 20-Ball WLCSP-20 (1.70mmx2.10mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)2200
- Vin (min) (V)2.7
- Vin (max) (V)6
- Iout (max) (A)5
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)7.5
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.28
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)1.1
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageWLCSP-20 (1.6x2.0)
- Control Mode Hysteretic
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesDynamic Voltage Scaling, I2C Interface, Programmable Frequency, Programmable Output Voltage, Selectable Power-Saving Mode
The EV8845-C-02A is used for demonstrating the performance of MPS’s MP8845. MP8845 is a highly integrated and high frequency synchronous step-down switcher with I2C control interface. It is optimized to support up to 5A load current over an input supply range from 2.7V to 6V with excellent load and line regulation.
Constant frequency hysteretic control mode provides extremely fast transient response and high efficiency. The output voltage level can be controlled, on-the fly through a 3.4Mbps I2C serial interface. Voltage range can be adjusted from 0.6V to 1.1V in 3.9mV steps. Voltage slew rate, switching frequency and power savings mode are also selectable through the I2C interface. Fully protection features includes internal soft start, over current protection and over temperature protection.
MP8845 is available in WLCSP20-1.6mmx2mm package.
US$ 25.00 + tax