6V, 3A, Synchronous, Step-Down Switcher With I2C Interface
The MP8843 is a highly integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, step-down switcher with an I2C control interface. The MP8843 can support up to 3A of current from a wide 2.6V-to-6V input supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
Constant-on-time (COT) control provides a fast transient response, high light-load efficiency, and eases loop stabilization.
The I2C interface allows for communication interface speed up to 3.4Mbps. It controls the output voltage from 0.6V to 1.1V on the fly with 3.9mV voltage steps. This interface also controls the output voltage transition slew rate and allows the power-save mode selection to meet different application requirements.
Protection features include internal soft start (SS), over-current protection (OCP), and over-temperature protection (OTP).
The MP8843 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in an ultra-small QFN-12 (2mmx2mm) package.
- Wide Input Range from 2.6V to 6V
- Up to 3A of Continuous Current
- 55mΩ and 35mΩ Internal Power MOSFET
- High-Speed I2C Communication Interface up to 3.4MHz
- I2C Programmable Output Voltage from 0.6V to 1.1V for Direct VOUT Sense
- VOUT Range Extendable by Adding External Feedback Resistor
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 1MHz to 2MHz
- Programmable Voltage Transition Slew Rate
- I2C Selectable Power Save Mode
- External and I2C-Controlled Power Good Indicator
- Internal Soft Start (SS)
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) with Latch-Off
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in a QFN-12 (2mmx2mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)2000
- Vin (min) (V)2.6
- Vin (max) (V)6
- Iout (max) (A)3
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.06
- 封装QFN-12 (2x2)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesLight-Load Efficiency, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- 特性Dynamic Voltage Scaling, I2C Interface, Programmable Frequency, Programmable Output Voltage, Selectable Power-Saving Mode
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
The EV8843-G-00A is used for demonstrating the performance of MP8843, a highly integrated, high frequency, synchronous, step-down switcher with I2C control interface.
MP8843 supports up to 3A current from a wide input supply range of 2.5V to 6V with excellent load and line regulation. Constant-on-time (COT) control provides fast transient response, high light-load efficiency and easy loop stabilization. The I2C interface allows for communication interface speed up to 3.4Mbps. It controls the output voltage on the fly from 0.6V to 1.1V with 3.9mV voltage steps and it also controls the output voltage transition slew rate. The interface also allows for the selection of power-save mode to meet different application requirements. Protection features include internal soft-start, over-current protection, and over-temperature protection. MP8843 is available in 2mmx2mm 12-pin QFN package.
US$ 25.00 + tax