17V, 10A, 700kHz, High-Efficiency, Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
The MP8771 is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with internal power MOSFETs. The MP8771 offers a very compact solution that achieves 10A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input range. The MP8771 uses synchronous mode operation for higher efficiency over the output current load range.
Constant-on-time (COT) control operation provides very fast transient response, easy loop design, and very tight output regulation.
Full protection features include short-circuit protection (SCP), over-current protection (OCP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP8771 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a space-saving QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) package.
- Wide 4.5V to 17V Operating Input Range
- 10A Output Current
- 17mΩ/8mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- 100μA Quiescent Current
- Output Adjustable from 0.6V
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode Operation
- Pre-Biased Start-Up
- Fixed 700kHz Switching Frequency
- External Programmable Soft Start-Up Time
- Enable (EN) and Power Good (PG) for Power Sequencing
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) and Hiccup
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)700
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)17
- Iout (max) (A)10
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)12
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.6
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.1
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)12
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesPower Good, Synchronous Rectification