26V, 10A, High Efficiency, Fast Transient, Synchronous, Buck Converter with adjustable CLM
The MP8720 provides a complete power supply with the highest power density for system powers, such as DDR memory and USB type-C. The MP8720 integrates a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter (VOUT) with an adjustable current limit (CLM).
The MP8720 operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range based on MPS’s proprietary switching loss reduction technology and internal low RDS(ON) power MOSFETs.
Adaptive constant-on-time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The DC auto-tune loop provides good load and line regulation.
By setting CLM, the current limit can be adjusted from 8.5A to 16.5A for different mode applications.
Full protection features include over-current limit (OCL), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP8720 requires a minimal number of external components and is available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) package.
- Wide 4.5V to 26V Operating Input Range
- Compatible for IMVP9 and USB Type-C
- 10A Continous Output Current
- Adjustable Current Limit from 8.5A to 16.5A
- Fixed 700KHz Switching Frequency
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient
- DC Auto-Tune Loop
- Stable with POSCAP and Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Internal Soft Start (SS)
- Selectable Pulse Skip or Forced CCM
- Output Adjustable from 0.8V to 5.5V
- OCL, OVP, UVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Latch-Off Reset via EN or Power Cycle
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)700
- Vin (max) (V)26
- Iout (max) (A)10
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.62
- Vout (max) (V)5.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.8
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesForced CCM, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesOutput Discharge, Soft Stop