26V, 12A, Low IQ, High-Current, Synchronous Buck Converter with ±A LDO and Buffered Reference
The MP8719 provides a complete power supply with the highest power density for DDR3, DDR3L, LPDDR3, and DDR4 memory. The MP8719 integrates a high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter (VDDQ) with a 1A sink/source LDO (VTT) and buffered low-noise reference (VTTREF).
The MP8719 operates at high efficiency over a wide output current load range based on MPS’s proprietary switching loss reduction technology and internal low RDS(ON) power MOSFETs.
Adaptive constant-on-time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. The DC auto-tune loop provides good load and line regulation.
The VTT LDO provides 1A of sink/source current capability and requires only a 22μF ceramic capacitor. The VTTREF tracks VDDQ/2 with excellent 1% accuracy.
Full protection features include over-current (OC) limit, over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), over-temperature warning (OTW), and thermal shutdown.
The MP8719 requires a minimal number of external components and is available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) package.
- Wide 4.5V to 26V Operating Input Range
- 135μA Low Quiescent Current
- 12A Continous Output Current
- 13A Peak Output Current
- Selectable Ultrasonic Mode (USM)
- Selectable 500kHz/700kHz Switching Frequency
- Built-In ±1A VTTLDO
- 1% Buffered VTTREF Output
- Adaptive COT for Fast Transient
- DC Auto-Tune Loop
- Stable with POSCAP and Ceramic Output Capacitors
- Over-Temperature Warning (OTW)
- Internal Soft Start (SS)
- Output Discharge
- OCL, OVP, UVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Latch-Off Reset via EN or Power Cycle
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)700
- Vin (min) (V)4.5
- Vin (max) (V)26
- Iout (max) (A)13
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.62
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.135
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)3.3
- Vout (min) (V)0.6
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesForced CCM, Power Good
- Special FeaturesOutput Discharge, Programmable Frequency, Soft Stop, Ultrasonic Mode