Fully Integrated, 802.3af/at-Compliant, PoE, PD Interface with a Peak-Current-Mode Flyback Controller
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
The MP8008L is an integrated, IEEE, 802.3af/at, PoE-compliant, powered device (PD), power supply converter. The MP8008L includes PD interface and a peak-current-mode flyback controller.
The PD interface has all the functions of IEEE 802.3af/at, including detection, 1-event and 2-event classification, 85mA inrush current limit, 840mA operation current limit, and a 100V hot-swap MOSFET.
The flyback pulse-width modulation (PWM) controller can drive an external MOSFET capable of handling more than 10A of current for high-power flyback PoE applications. Pulse-skip mode improves efficiency in light-load conditions. Other protection features include overload protection (OLP), short output, and over-voltage protection (OVP).
The MP8008L can support a front-end solution for PoE PD application with minimal external components and is available in a QFN-28 (4mmx5mm) package.
- Compatible with 802.3af/at Specifications
- 34V PD Power-On Rising UVLO
- 100V, 0.48Ω PD Integrated Pass Switch
- 85mA PD Inrush Current
- 840mA PD Operation Current Limit
- Auxiliary Adaptor O-Ring Power Supply
- PD Power Good and Type-2 PSE Indicator
- 12V, 1A, Flyback MOSFET Gate Driver
- Pulse-Skip Operation in Light Load
- Programmable Switching Frequency: 30kHz - 400kHz
- Frequency Synchronizing from 80kHz - 400kHz
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Overload Protection (OLP), Short-Circuit Protection (SCP), Over-Voltage Protection (OVP), and Thermal Protection
- Available in a QFN-28 (4mmx5mm) Package
- Max Duty Cycle (%)95
- PoE Standards Supported802.3af/at
- PoE Ilimit (mA)840
- PoE Inrush Limit (mA)85
- Pass Switch Rds(on) (Ω)0.48
- PackageQFN-28 (4x5)
- Fault ResponseHiccup
- DC/DC TopologyFlyback
- DC/DC Controller or ConverterController
- Special FeaturesExternal Frequency Sync