5V to 60V, Three-Phase Brushless DC Motor Pre-Driver
The MP6532 is a gate driver IC designed for three-phase brushless DC motor driver applications. It is capable of driving three half bridges consisting of six N-channel power MOSFETs up to 60V.
The MP6532 integrates a regulated charge pump to generate gate drive power, and uses a bootstrap capacitor to generate a supply voltage for the high-side MOSFET driver. An internal trickle-charge circuit maintains sufficient high-side gate driver voltage even when an output is operated at 100% duty cycle
Internal protection features include programmable short-circuit protection, over-current protection, adjustable dead-time control, undervoltage lockout, and thermal shutdown.
The device integrates 120° commutation using three Hall sensor inputs. The PWM, DIR, and nBRAKE inputs are used to control motor speed, direction, and braking.
The MP6532 is available in 28-pin, 9.7mm × 6.4mm TSSOP and 4mm x 4mm QFN packages with an exposed thermal pad.
- Wide 5V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- Hall Signal Interface
- Bootstrap Gate Driver with Trickle Charge Circuit Supports 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Low Power Sleep Mode for Battery-Powered Applications
- Programmable Over-current Protection of External MOSFETs
- Adjustable Dead Time Control to Prevent Shoot Through
- PWM Speed-control Input
- Brake Input
- Motor Startup Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown and UVLO Protection
- Fault Indication Output
- Thermally Enhanced Surface-Mount Package
- Isink/source (A)1/0.8
- Number of Half-Bridges3
- Hall InputYes
- PackageQFN-28 (4x4), TSSOP28 EP
- Vsw (max) (V)60
- Vin (max) (V)60
- Vin (min) (V)5
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
The EV6532-R-00A is an evaluation board for the MP6532, a three-phase BLDC motor pre-driver.
It operates from a supply voltage of up to 60V. It is configured to drive 3 half bridges consisting of 6 N-channel Power MOSFETs. The rotor position information is provided by the Hall sensors assembled in the motor and the driving control signals are generated by the external controller, such as MCU, FPGA, etc.
US$ 25.00 + tax