7V, 3A, High-Efficiency, Energy Management IC for Power Backup
The MP5507E is an integrated power management IC that provides a power backup function for solid-state drive and hard-disk drive applications. The MP5507E provides an efficient and compact system solution with an integrated, programmable, input-current limit switch, energy storage, and a backup function.
The MP5507E applies MPS’ patented energy storage and release management technology to minimize the required storage components, system solution size, and cost. The MP5507E boosts up the input voltage to a higher storage voltage in normal condition and releases the energy to the system when an input outage occurs. The internal input current limit block with DVDT control prevents inrush current during system start-up and provides reverse current blocking during the backup period. The system voltage start-up slew rate can be programmable. The storage voltage and release voltage are both programmable for different system applications.
The MP5507E requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-16 (2.5mmx3.2mm) package..
- Small 2.5mmx3.2mm QFN-16 Package
- Wide 2.7V to 7V Operating Input Range
- Programmable Storage Voltage up to 30V
- Up to 4.6A Programmable Input Current Limit
- Up to 3A Buck Release Current Capability
- Reverse Current Block of Input Switch
- 6V Bus Clamping Voltage
- Adjustable DVDT Slew Rate for VB Start-Up
- Bus Power Good Indicator
- 1.2MHz Buck Release Mode Switching Frequency
- Internal 60mΩ Hot-Swap Switch
- Internal 100mΩ and 80mΩ Power Switches for Energy Storage and Release Management Circuits
- Thermal Protection
- Vfb (V)0.79
- Vin (min) (V)2.7
- Vin (max) (V)7
- Vs (max) (V)30
- Vbus (max) (V)6
- Iout (max) (A)3
- Irelease (A)3
- Icharge (A)0.5
- Iq (typ) (mA)2
- Regulated Outputs2
- fsw (max) (kHz)1200
- Step-Down DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Down DC/DC Converter1
- Step-Up DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Up DC/DC Converter1
- Internal LDO0
- PackageQFN-16 (2.5x3.2)
- Step-Up Converter Current (A)0.5
- Internal LDO否
- Step-Down Converter Current (A)3.0
- Special FeaturesInput Current Limit, Reverse-Current Protection
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
EV5507E-RG-00AEvaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MP5507E. The MP5507E is one front end power storage and management IC for SSD application.
MP5507E supports input hot swap, input startup inrush current control, input current limit and backup power management for SSD data backup in case of input power failure. MP5507E’s built-in boost mode converter charges energy storage bulk capacitor to a programmed voltage when system is powered up and in case of input power failure, MP5507E transfers the energy from energy storage bulk capacitor to SSD system’s DCDC switches via built-in buck mode converter to keep SSD system powered for data backup.
MP5507E is available in QFN16 (2.5mmX3.2mm) package.
US$ 25.00 + tax