36V, 5A, Frequency-Selectable Step-Down Converter with Smart, Dual USB Charging Ports
The MP5402 integrates a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and a charging port identification circuit. The MP5402 achieves 5A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output of the USB switch is current-limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for the battery charging specification (BC1.2), divider mode, and 1.2V/1.2V mode, eliminating the need for outside user interaction.
The output voltage has programmable line drop compensation.
Full protection features include hiccup current limiting, output over-voltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP5402 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 7V to 36V Operating InputVoltage Range
- Fixed 5V Output Voltage with Line Drop Compensation
- Accurate USB1/USB2 Output Current Limit
- 40mΩ/32mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- 24mΩ/24mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal USB1/USB2 Power MOSFETs
- 350kHz / 250kHz / 150kHz Frequency Selectable
- Programmable Line Drop Compensation
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Hiccup Current Limit
- Supports DCP Schemes for BC1.2, Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode
- ±8kV HBM ESD Rating for USB, DP, and DM
- Available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Vin (min) (V)7
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iout (max) (A)5
- Iq (typ) (mA)1.6
- Regulated Outputs3
- fsw (max) (kHz)350
- Step-Down DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Down DC/DC Converter1
- Step-Up DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Up DC/DC Converter0
- Internal LDO0
- PackageQFN-26 (4x4)
- Internal LDO否
- Step-Down Converter Current (A)5.0
- Special FeaturesBuck Output Discharge, Fixed Output Voltage Options, Forced CCM, Output Line Drop Compensation, Programmable Frequency, Supports DCP Scheme, USB Output Discharge
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
The EV5402-R-00A Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MP5402. MP5402 integrates a monolithic step-down switch mode converter and two USB current limit switches with charging port identification circuit. It achieves 5A continuous output current over a wide input supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The output of each USB switch is current limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for Battery Charging specification (BC1.2), the Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode without the need for outside user interaction.
US$ 25.00 + tax