36V, 5A, Frequency-Selectable Step-Down Converter with Smart, Dual USB Charging Ports
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
The MP5402 integrates a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and a charging port identification circuit. The MP5402 achieves 5A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output of the USB switch is current-limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for the battery charging specification (BC1.2), divider mode, and 1.2V/1.2V mode, eliminating the need for outside user interaction.
The output voltage has programmable line drop compensation.
Full protection features include hiccup current limiting, output over-voltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP5402 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) package.
- Wide 7V to 36V Operating InputVoltage Range
- Fixed 5V Output Voltage with Line Drop Compensation
- Accurate USB1/USB2 Output Current Limit
- 40mΩ/32mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- 24mΩ/24mΩ Low-RDS(ON) Internal USB1/USB2 Power MOSFETs
- 350kHz / 250kHz / 150kHz Frequency Selectable
- Programmable Line Drop Compensation
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Hiccup Current Limit
- Supports DCP Schemes for BC1.2, Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode
- ±8kV HBM ESD Rating for USB, DP, and DM
- Available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Vin (min) (V)7
- Vin (max) (V)36
- Iout (max) (A)5
- Iq (typ) (mA)1.6
- Regulated Outputs3
- fsw (max) (kHz)350
- Step-Down DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Down DC/DC Converter1
- Step-Up DC/DC Controller0
- Step-Up DC/DC Converter0
- Internal LDO0
- PackageQFN-26 (4x4)
- Internal LDO否
- Step-Down Converter Current (A)5.0
- Special FeaturesBuck Output Discharge, Fixed Output Voltage Options, Forced CCM, Output Line Drop Compensation, Programmable Frequency, Supports DCP Scheme, USB Output Discharge