5.5V, 2.4A, Low RDS(ON) Load Switch
The MP5075 provides up to 2.4A of load protection over a 3V to 5.5V voltage range with a small RDS(ON) in a space-saving package. The MP5075 is a very high-efficiency and space-saving solution for notebooks, tablets, and other portable and battery-operated applications.
With a fixed soft-start function, the MP5075 can prevent inrush current during circuit start-up. The MP5075 also provides output discharge functions, over-current protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown features.
The max load at the output (source) is current-limited. This is accomplished by utilizing sense FET topology.
An internal charge pump drives the gate of the power device, allowing for a very low on-resistance DMOS power FET of just 38mΩ.
The MP5075 is available in a space-saving SOT563 (1.6mmx1.6mm) package.
- Integrated 38mΩ Low RDS(ON) MOSFETs
- Wide VIN Range from 3V to 5.5V
- <5µA Shutdown Current
- Typical 3A Current Limit
- Output Discharge Function
- Internal Fixed 450μs Soft-Start Time
- <200ns Short-Circuit Protection Response Time
- Thermal Protection
- Available in a SOT563 (1.6mmx1.6mm) Package
- Ilimit (A)3
- Special FeaturesOutput Discharge
- Rds(on) (mΩ)38
- Iq (typ) (µA)230
- Iout (max) (A)2.4
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Vin (min) (V)3