12V, 3mΩ Rds(on) Hot-Swap Protection Device with Current Monitoring and Controlled Ron Mode
The MP5022C is a hot-swap protection device designed to protect circuitry on its output from transients on its input. The MP5022C also protects its input from unwanted shorts and transients coming from its output.
During start-up, inrush current is limited by the slew rate at the output. The slew rate is controlled by an external capacitor at SS.
The maximum load at the output is current-limited through sense FET topology. The magnitude of the current limit is controlled by a low-power resistor from ISET to ground.
An internal charge pump drives the gate of the power device, allowing a power FET with a very low on resistance of 3mΩ to turn on.
The MP5022C includes an IMON option that produces a voltage proportional to the current through the power device set by a resistor from IMON to ground.
Full protection features includes current limit, thermal shutdown, damaged MOSFET detection, over-voltage protection (OVP), and under-voltage protection (UVP).
The MP5022C is available in a QFN-22 (3mmx5mm) package.
- 4.8V-to-16V Operating Input Range
- Integrated 3mΩ Power FET
- Adjustable Current Limit
- Output Current Measurement
- ±3% Current Monitor Accuracy (6A < Io < 15A)
- Fast Response (<200ns) for Short Protection
- PG Detector and FLTB Indication
- PG Assert Low at VIN = 0
- Input-to-Output Short-Circuit Detection
- External Soft Start
- Programmable LOADEN Blanking Time
- Configurable Over-Voltage Lockouts with Hysteresis
- Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Thermal Protection
- Available in a Small QFN-22 (3mmx5mm) Package
- EnableActive High
- Fault FlagCurrent Limit, Thermal Shutdown, Damaged MOSFET
- Ilimit (A)Prog.
- Slew Rate ControlYes
- Special FeaturesCurrent Monitoring, Output Discharge
- Rds(on) (mΩ)3
- PackageQFN-22 (3x5)
- Iq (typ) (µA)1300
- Iout (max) (A)15
- Vin (max) (V)16
- Vin (min) (V)4.5