5V, 1A-5A Current Limit Switch with Reverse Current Blocking and Output Over-voltage Clamp
The MP5018 is a protection device designed to protect circuitry on the output from transients on input (VCC). It also protects VCC from undesired shorts and transients coming from the output.
At startup, inrush current is limited by the slew rate at the output. The slew rate is controlled by a small capacitor at the SS pin. Floating the SS pin provides 13ms soft-start time.
The maximum load at the output is current limited. The magnitude of the current limit is controlled by an external resistor from ILIMIT to GND. Floating ILIMIT pin provides 3A fixed current limit. By controlling the gate voltage of a pair of N-channel MOSFETs, any current flowing from output to input is blocked.
Under Voltage Lockout (UVLO) assures that input is above the minimum operating threshold, before the power device is turned on. If input voltage goes above 5.8V, the output voltage will be limited at 5.8V with fast response.
The EN/Fault pin is a bi-directional, three-level I/O with a weak pull-up. It can be used to enable or disable MP5018, or indicate a fault condition.
The device is available in a QFN12 (2mmx3mm) package.
- SAS Disable to support DEVSLP or POWER_DOWN
- Wide 4.5V to 14V Operating Input Range
- 5.8V Fast OVP Response
- Reverse Current Blocking
- Integrated 45mΩ Power FET
- Adjustable Current-Limit or Fixed Current Limit when floating ILIMIT pin
- 210μA Typical Low Quiescent Current
- Adjustable Soft Start time
- Fault Indication
- Latch-off Thermal Protection
- Available in QFN12(2mmx3mm) Package
- ESD Compliant to 2kV HBM and 1kV CDM
- EnableActive High
- Fault FlagThermal Fault = Tri-State
- Ilimit (A)Prog.
- Slew Rate ControlYes
- Special FeaturesReverse-Current Blocking
- Rds(on) (mΩ)45
- PackageQFN-12 (2x3)
- Iq (typ) (µA)210
- Iout (max) (A)5
- Vin (max) (V)5.5