3V-5.5V, 1A-5A Current Limit Switch with Over-Voltage Clamp and Reverse Blocking
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
The MP5017 is a protection device designed to protect circuitry on the output from transients from the input. Also, it protects the input from unwanted shorts and transients coming from the output.
During start-up, the inrush current is controlled by limiting the slew rate at the output. The slew rate is controlled with a small capacitor at DV/DT.
The maximum load at the output is current limited. The magnitude of the current limit is controlled by an external resistor from ILIMIT to GND. By controlling the gate voltages with a pair of N-channel MOSFETs, any current flowing from the output to the input is blocked.
Under-voltage lockout (UVLO) ensures that the input is above the minimum operating threshold before the power device is turned on. If the input voltage rises above 5.8V, the output voltage is limited quickly to 5.8V. SAS/OV is used to program the input over-voltage protection threshold.
is an open-drain output that reports a fail mode (low level) when any over-current, over-temperature, or output over-voltage is detected.
The MP5017 is available in a QFN-12 (2mmx3mm) package.
- 3V to 5.5V Continuous Operating Input Range
- 16V Absolute Maximum Input Voltage
- Output Discharge
- SAS/OV Disable to Support DEVSLP or POWER_DOWN
- 5.8V Fast Output OVP Response
- Reverse Current Blocking
- Integrated 45mΩ RDS(ON) Power FET
- Adjustable Current-Limit through ILIMIT
- 210μA Low Quiescent Current
- Programmable Soft-Start Time through DV/DT
- Fast Response for Hard-Short Protection
- Fault Indication for Over-Current, Over-Temperature, and Output Over-Voltage
- OTP Auto-Retry with 76ms Recovery Delay
- Available in a QFN-12 (2mmx3mm) Package
- EnableActive High
- Fault FlagThermal Fault = Tri-State
- Ilimit (A)Prog.
- Slew Rate ControlYes
- Special FeaturesReverse-Current Blocking
- Rds(on) (mΩ)45
- PackageQFN-12 (2x3)
- Iq (typ) (µA)210
- Iout (max) (A)5
- Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Vin (min) (V)3