8-Channel, Synchronous, Boost, WLED Driver with I2C Interface
The MP3376 is a synchronous boostconverter with eight current channels designed to drive WLED arrays for LCD panels in tablets and notebook backlighting applications.
The MP3376 uses peak-current-mode and pulse-width modulation (PWM) control to maintainboost converter regulation. The MP3376 employs a standard I2C digital interface to set the operation mode,switching frequency, full-scale current for each channel, sync or non-sync mode, dimming mode and duty, and various protection thresholds.
The MP3376 features high efficiency with a small on resistance of the switching MOSFET. The synchronous rectifier saves PCB size and total BOM cost.
The MP3376 is available in a QFN-24 (4mmx4mm) package.
- 8Channels with Max50mA/Channel
- Synchronous Converter with LS-FET/HS-FET 160mΩ/260mΩOn Resistance
- 3V to 30V Input Voltage Range
- Up to 36V Output Voltage
- Max 2.5% Current Matching
- 350kHz/500kHz/650kHz/800kHz/950kHz/1.2MHz/1.8MHz/2.4MHz Selectable Switching Frequency
- A0, A1 Pins for FourI2C Addresses
- 0mA to 50mA Full-Scale Current Set, 8-Bit,0.196mA/Step
- Selectable Sync or Non-Sync Mode
- Multi-Dimming Operation Mode Including:
- Analog Dimming ModethroughExternal PWM Input
- Analog Dimming Modethrough I2C Interface
- Mixed Dimming Mode throughExternal PWM Input with 6.25%/12.5%/25%/50%Transfer Point
- MixedDimming Mode through I2C Interface with 6.25%/12.5%/25%/50% Transfer Point
- Customizable Default Register Values
- Linear Smooth Dimming with 2/4/8/16/32/64/128µs for Per-StepSlope Set
- Unused LED String Auto-Disable during Start-Up
- LED Short/Open, OTP, OCP, Inductor or Diode Short Protection
- 2.5 / 5 / 7.5 / 10V LED Short Threshold
- 24/31/36V OVP Threshold
- 1.8 /2.5A Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Free for Adjacent Pin Short Test
- Available in a QFN-24(4mmx4mm)Package
- Isw Limit (A)2.5
- Ishutdown (µA)1
- Vin (min) (V)2.7
- Vin (max) (V)30
- fsw (min) (kHz)350
- Ichannel (max) (A)0.05
- LEDx ABS Voltage (V)40
- fsw (max) (kHz)2400
- Vout (max) (V)36
- Vfb (V)0.4
- PackageQFN-24 (4x4)
- Power MOSFETIntegrated
- Dimming (Output)P-Dim, A-Dim, Smart-Dim
- Iq (mA)5.4
- Typical LCD Screen SizesSmall (<10"), Medium (10"-29")
- Other FeaturesI2C, Inductor or Diode Short and Vout short to GND Protection, LED Short/Open
Evaluation KitGET THIS KIT
The MP3376 is a synchronous boost converter with 8 current channels designed to drive WLED arrays for LCD-panel in tablet and notebook backlighting applications.
The MP3376 uses peak-current mode and PWM control to maintain boost converter regulation. The MP3376 employs a standard I2C digital interface to set operation mode, switching frequency, full-scale current for each channel, sync or non-sync mode, dimming mode and duty, and various protection thresholds.
MP3376 features high efficiency with small on resistance of switching MOSFET. In addition, the synchronous rectifier saves PCB size and total BOM cost.
The MP3376 is available in QFN24 (4mmX4mm) package.
US$ 100.00 + tax