5A, Battery Charger with 3A Boost System Current and Fast-Charge Capability
The MP2669 is a highly integrated, switch-mode, battery charge and system power-path management device designed for a single-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer battery for use in a wide range of portable applications.
The IC has different operating modes (charge mode, boost mode, and sleep mode) to allow for management of the system and battery power based on the state of the input and output.
When an input power is present, the device operates in charge mode. The MP2669 detects the adaptor’s type and sets the input current limit. Fast charge (up to 12V) is supported. The device detects the battery voltage automatically and charges the battery in four phases: trickle current charge, pre-charge, constant current, and constant voltage charge.
The IC has an integrated IN-to-SYS pass-through path to pass the input voltage to the system, even when charging is disabled. The path-through path has high priority over the charging path. The MP2669 manages the input power and meets the priority of the system power demand with the integrated input current and input voltage regulation function.
In the absence of the input source, the MP2669 enters sleep mode to minimize the power dissipation of the battery. If the system load is at SYS, the MP2669 switches to boost mode to power SYS from the battery. When working with the interface IC, the MP2669 can support QC3.0 with output short protection.
With the I2C interface, the IC can flexibly program the charging and boosting parameters, providing the operation status.
To guarantee safe operation, the IC limits the die temperature to a preset value 120°C (default). The IC also provides other safety features, including input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery OVP, thermal shutdown, and battery temperature monitoring.
- 4.0V to 14V Operation Voltage Range
- Up to 24V Sustainable Input Voltage
- Compliant with BC1.2 and HV Fast Charge
- Integrated Input Current-Based and Input Voltage-Based Power Management Functions
- Up to 5A Programmable Charge Current
- Reverse Boost Operation Mode with up to 3A Output Current and Adjustable 5V to 20V Output Voltage to Support QC3.0 with an Interface IC that Implements Qualcomm's Quick Charge 3.0 Specification
- Analog Voltage Output IB Pin for Battery Current Monitor
- Programmable 3.1 - 4.675V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Four LED Battery Gauge Indicators
- JEITA-Compatible Negative Temperature Coefficient Protection in both Charge and Discharge Mode
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- USB Output Cable Impedance Compensation
- Integrated Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) for Boost Mode
- Integrated Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) and Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) for Pass-through Path
- Integrated 8-Bit SAR ADC for Battery Voltage Measurement
- Available in a QFN-28 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Operating Vin (min) (V)3.6
- Operating Vin (max) (V)14
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)24
- Number of Series Cells1
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.675
- Vbatt (min) (V)3.1
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Iotg (A)3
- Iin (max) (A)3
- Icharge (max) (A)5
- Votg (max) (V)12
- fsw (kHz)550
- Control InterfaceI2C
- 特性Battery OCP, Battery UVP, Input Bypass Power Path, Input Current Regulation, JEITA Batt NTC Monitor, LED Fuel Gauge, Power Bank Output Mode, QC3.0 Output Detection, Thermal Regulation, USB BC1.2 Detection, USB Compatible, USB OTG (Boost Mode), VIN Regulation
- 封装QFN-28 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlYes
- Internal LDOYes
- Charge Status Yes