2- Cell Li-ion or Li-polymer Switching Charger Compatible with 5V Input and Integrated Bidirectional Charge/Discharge
You have a basic account.A myMPS+ account is needed.Upgrade to myMPS+
The MP2639A is a highly integrated, flexible, switch-mode, battery-charging management device for 2-cell series Li-ion and Li-polymer batteries used in a wide range of portable applications.
The MP2639A is able to charge a 2-cell battery from a 5V adapter or USB input. The MP2639A can work in three modes: charge mode, discharge mode, and sleep mode.
In 2-cell applications, the 5V input charges the 2-cell battery via the MP2639A operating in step-up mode. When the 5V input is absent, the 2-cell battery voltage is discharged to the 5V output via the MP2639A working in step-down mode.
For the charging function, the MP2639A detects the battery voltage automatically and charges the battery in three phases: trickle current, constant current, and constant voltage. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge.
To guarantee safe operation, the MP2639A limits the die temperature to a preset value of 120°C. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection (OVP), battery over-voltage protection (OVP), thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
The MP2639A is available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) package.
- 4.0V to 5.75V Input Voltage Range
- Charge 2-Cell Batteries with 5V Input
- USB-Compliant Charger
- Integrates Input Current-Based and Input Voltage-Based Power Management Functions
- Programmable Input Current and Input Voltage Limit
- Up to 2.5A Programmable Charge Current for 2-Cell Applications
- 8.4V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy
- Up to 5.0A Programmable Discharge Current
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for Temperature Monitoring
- No Load Shutdown and Push Button Turn-On in Discharge Mode
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Discharge Mode Load Trace Compensation
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Internal Battery Reverse Leakage Blocking
- Integrated Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) for Both Charge and Discharge Mode
- Four LED Battery Level and Status Indicators
- Available in a QFN-26 (4mmx4mm) Package
- Operating Vin (min) (V)4.05
- Operating Vin (max) (V)5.5
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)20
- Number of Series Cells2
- Vbatt (max) (V)8.4
- Vbatt (min) (V)8.4
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Iotg (A)5
- Iin (max) (A)3
- Icharge (max) (A)2.5
- Votg (max) (V)5
- fsw (kHz)1300
- Vtc (V)5.9
- Vrechg (mV)8.05
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- Special FeaturesInput Current Regulation, Integrated Cell-Balancing, JEITA Batt NTC Monitor, LED Fuel Gauge, Thermal Regulation, USB Compatible, USB OTG (Boost Mode), VIN Regulation
- PackageQFN-26 (4x4)
- NTC Monitoring否
- EN Control否
- Internal LDO否
- Charge Status Yes