USB-Compliant Single Cell Li-ion Switching Charger with USB-OTG Boost
The MP2626 is a highly-integrated, flexible, switch-mode battery charger with system power management, designed for single-cell Li-ion and Li-Polymer batteries used in a wide range of portable applications.
The MP2626 can operate in both charge mode and boost mode to allow full system and battery power management. It is also able to work as a boost regulator to power a USB peripheral from the battery.
The MP2626 automatically detects the battery voltage and charges the battery in the three phases: trickle current charge, constant current charge and constant voltage charge. Other features include charge termination and auto-recharge. This IC also integrates both input-current limit and input-voltage regulation in order to ensure USB compliant and minimize the charging time.
The MP2626 can operate as a boost regulator by setting the MODE pin to a HIGH logic. The boost regulator includes output current limit and short circuit protection. As long as MODE pin is high, the MP2626 will discharge the battery in the boost mode.
To guarantee safe operation, the MP2626 limits the die temperature to a preset value of 120oC. Other safety features include input over-voltage protection, battery over-voltage protection, thermal shutdown, battery temperature monitoring, and a programmable timer to prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
- 20V Absolute Maximum Input Voltage
- 6V Maximum Input Operating Voltage
- Selectable 4.2V/ 4.35V Charge Voltage with 0.5% Accuracy at 25ºC
- Power Management Function
- Integrated Input-Current Limit and Input-Voltage Regulation
- Up to 2A Programmable Charge Current
- Trickle-Charge Function
- Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for Battery Temperature Monitoring
- Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
- Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
- Internal Battery Reverse Leakage Blocking
- Reverse Boost Operation Mode for USB Peripheral
- Up to 91% 5V Boost Mode Efficiency @ 1A
- Programmable Output Current Limit for Boost Mode
- Integrated Short Circuit Protection for Boost Mode
- Operating Vin (min) (V)4.2
- Operating Vin (max) (V)6.5
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)20
- Number of Series Cells1
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.35
- Vbatt (min) (V)4.2
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Iin (max) (A)3
- Icharge (max) (A)2
- fsw (kHz)1200/600
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- Special FeaturesBatt NTC Monitor, Input Current Regulation, Thermal Regulation, USB Compatible, USB OTG (Boost Mode), VIN Regulation
- PackageQFN-24 (4x4)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlYes
- Internal LDOYes
- Charge Status Yes
- Idis (A)1.5