2 A, 1- or 2- Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger in 3mm x 3mm Package
The MP2615A is a high-efficiency, switch mode battery charger suitable for 1- or 2- cell lithium-ion or lithium-polymer applications. The MP2615A is capable of delivering 2 A of charge current programmable via an accurate sense resistor over the entire input range.
The MP2615A regulates the charge current and full battery voltage using two control loops to achieve high-accuracy constant current (CC) charge and constant voltage (CV) charge.
Constant-off-time (COT) control allows operation at up to 99% duty cycle when the battery voltage is close to the input voltage, ensuring the charge current always remains at a relatively high level.
The battery temperature and charging status are always monitored during each charging cycle. Two status monitor output pins are provided to indicate the battery charging status and input power status. Also, the MP2615A features internal reverse-blocking protection.
The MP2615A is available in a 3mm × 3mm 16-pin QFN package.
- 4.75 V to 18 V Operating Input Voltage
- Up to 99% Duty Cycle Operation
- Up to 2 A Programmable Charging Current
- ±0.75% Full Battery Voltage Accuracy
- 4.2 V/Cell and 4.35 V/Cell Selection for Full Battery Voltage
- Fully Integrated Power Switches
- Internal Loop Compensation
- No External Reverse-Blocking Diode Required
- Preconditioning for Fully Depleted Battery
- Charging Operation Indicator
- Programmable Safety Timer
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
- Operating Vin (min) (V)3.95
- Operating Vin (max) (V)18
- Absolute Vin (max) (V)23
- Number of Series Cells1-2
- Vbatt (max) (V)4.35
- Vbatt (min) (V)4.2
- Battery TypeLi-Ion, Li-Polymer
- Icharge (max) (A)2
- fsw (kHz)760
- Control InterfaceStandalone
- Special FeaturesBatt NTC Monitor
- PackageQFN-16 (3x3)
- NTC MonitoringYes
- EN ControlYes
- Charge Status Yes