High-Efficiency, 2A, 4.2 to 24V, 650kHz, Synchronous, DC Step-Down Converter with PG and Soft Start In SOT583
The MP2392 is a fully integrated, high-frequency, synchronous, rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter with internal power MOSFETs. The MP2392 offers a very compact solution that achieves 2A of continuous output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input range. The MP2392 uses synchronous mode operation for higher efficiency over the output current-load range.
Constant-on-time (COT) control operation provides very fast transient response, easy loop design, and very tight output regulation.
Full protection features include short-circuit protection (SCP), over-current protection (OCP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MP2392 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a space-saving SOT583 package.
- Wide 4.2V to 24V Operating Input Range
- 110mΩ/45mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- 200µA Low IQ
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode Operation
- Power-Save Mode (PSM) at Light Load
- Fast Load Transient Response
- 650kHz Switching Frequency
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Power Good (PG) Indication
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Over-Current Protection (OCP) and Hiccup
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in a SOT583 (1.6mmx2.1mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)650
- Vin (min) (V)4.2
- Vin (max) (V)24
- Iout (max) (A)2
- Max Duty Cycle (%)90.8
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.805
- Iq (typ) (mA)0.2
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)13
- Vout (min) (V)0.8
- Control ModeCOT
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification