6V, 6A, High-Efficiency, Synchronous Step-Down Converter
The MP2176 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with internal power MOSFETs that can achieve up to 6A of continuous output current from a 1.5V to 6V input voltage with excellent load and line regulation. The output voltage can be regulated as low as 0.61V.
Constant-on-time (COT) control provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization. Fault condition protections include cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The operating frequency is programmed by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN.
Full protection features, including over-current protection (OCP), short-circuit protection (SCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP), are provided by internal comparators.
The MP2176 requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) package.
- 1.5V to 6V WideInput Range
- 3V to 6V VCC Operating Supply
- 6A Output Current
- Programmable Switching Frequency from 300kHz to 1MHz
- Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
- Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction Technique
- 1% Reference Voltage Over -20°C to +85°C Junction Temperature Range
- Pre-Bias Start-Up
- Minimum On Time (TON_MIN = 60ns)
- Minimum Off Time (TOFF_MIN = 100ns)
- Non-Latch OCP, Non-Latch OVP, and Thermal Shutdown
- Output Adjustable from 0.61V to 4.5V
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Available in a QFN-14 (3mmx4mm) Package
- fsw (max) (kHz)1000
- Vin (min) (V)1.5
- Vin (max) (V)6
- Iout (max) (A)6
- Isw Limit (typ) (A)12
- Vfb (typ) (V)0.61
- Iq (typ) (mA)1.05
- Regulated Outputs1
- Vout (max) (V)4.5
- Vout (min) (V)0.61
- PackageQFN-14 (3x4)
- Control ModeCOT with fixed CCM
- Common FeaturesExternal Soft Start, Power Good, Synchronous Rectification
- Special FeaturesProgrammable Frequency, Soft Stop
High Efficiency, 6A, 6V Synchronous Step-down Converter Evaluation Board
The EV2176-L-00A is an evaluation board for the MP2176GL, a high efficiency monolithic synchronous step-down converter.
The Evaluation Board can deliver 6A continuous load current from a 3V to 6V input with excellent load and line regulation.
Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization.
The Evaluation Board can be turned on or shut down via a remote ON/OFF input that is reference to ground. This input is compatible with popular logic devices.
US$ 25.00 + tax