900V Offline Switching Regulator
The HF900 is a flyback regulator with an integrated 900V MOSFET. Requiring a minimum number of external components, the HF900 provides excellent power regulation in AC/DC applications that require high reliability. These applications include smart meters, large appliances, industrial controls, and products powered by unstable AC grids.
The regulator uses peak-current-mode control to provide excellent transient response and easy loop compensation. When the output power falls below a given level, the regulator enters burst mode to lower the standby power consumption.
The MPS proprietary 900V monolithic process enables over-temperature protection (OTP) on the same silicon of the 900V power FET, offering precise thermal protection. Also, it offers a full suite of protection features such as VCC under-voltage lockout, over-load protection, over-voltage protection, and short-circuit protection.
The HF900 is designed to minimize electromagnetic interference for wireless communication in home and building automation applications. The operating frequency is programmed externally with a single resistor, so the power supply’s radiated energy can be designed to avoid the interference with wireless communication.
In addition to the programmable frequency, the HF900 employs a frequency jittering function that not only greatly reduces the noise level but also reduces the cost of the EMI filter.
The HF900 is available in SOIC14-11 and PDIP8-7EP packages.
- Internal Integrated 900V MOSFET
- Programmable Fixed Switching Frequency up to 300kHz
- Frequency Jittering
- Current-Mode Operation
- Internal High-Voltage Current Source
- Low Standby Power Consumption via Active Burst Mode
- Internal Leading Edge Blanking
- Built-In Soft-Start Function
- Internal Slope Compensation
- Built-In Input Over-Voltage Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- VCC Under-Voltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Over-Voltage Protection on VCC
- Time-Based Overload Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection (SCP)
- Vac (min) (V)85
- fsw (max) (kHz)300
- Vbr (V)900
- Vac (max) (V)440
- VCC (max) (V)24.5
- Typical Pmax (W)8
- 封装PDIP8-7EP, SOIC14-11
- Control MethodFixed Frequency
- Power Range DefinedNo