EV8008-V-00A Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capability of MP8008`s function. The MP8008 is an integrated IEEE 802.3af/at PoE compliant Powered Device (PD) power supply converter. It includes PD interface and peak current mode flyback controller.
The PD interface has all the functions of IEEE 802.3af/at, and sets 120mA inrush current limit, 840mA operation current limit as well as 100V Hot-swap MOSFET.
The flyback PWM controller can drive an external MOSFET capable of handling more than 10A current. PSM function improves the efficiency in light load condition. The MP8008 flyback also features protection including over load, short output and over voltage protection.
The MP8008 can support a front-end solution for PoE-PD application, it is available in QFN-28 (4mmX5mm) package.
- Compatible with 802.3af/at Specifications
- 100V 0.48? PD Integrated Pass Switch
- 120mA PD Inrush Current
- 840mA PD Operation Current Limit
- Auxiliary Adaptor ORing Power Supply
- PD Power Good and Type-2 PSE Indicator
- 1A 12V Flyback MOSFET Gate Driver
- Pulse Skipping Operation with Light Load
- Programmable Switching Frequency (30kHz-to-400kHz)
- Frequency Synchronizing from 80kHz-to-400kHz
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Over Load, Short Circuit, Over Voltage and Thermal Protection
- Available in QFN-28 (4mmx5mm) Package
- IC Supported 1MP8008
The MP8008 is an integrated, IEEE, 802.3af/at, PoE-compliant, powered device (PD), power supply converter. The MP8008 includes PD interface and a peak-current-mode flyback controller. The PD interface has all the functions of IEEE 802.3af/at, including detection, 1-event and 2-event classification, 120mA inrush current limit, 840mA operation current limit, and a 100V hot-swap MOSFET. The flyback PWM controller can drive an external MOSFET capable of handling more than 10A of current for high-powered flyback PoE applications. Pulse-skipping mode function improves efficiency in light-load condition. The MP8008 flyback features protections including overload protection (OLP), short output, and over-voltage protection (OVP). The MP8008 can support a front-end solution for PoE PD applications with minimum external components and is available in a QFN-28 (4mmx5mm) package.