5V Power Management IC Evaluation Board
The EV5416-R-00B is an evaluation board for MP5416, a complete power management solution which integrates four high efficiency step-down DC/DC converters, five low dropout regulators and flexible logic interface.
COT control DC/DC converter provides fast transient response. 1.5MHz default fixed switching frequency during CCM mode greatly reduces external inductor and capacitor value. Full protection features include UVLO, OCP and thermal shutdown.
Output voltage is adjustable through I2C bus or preset by OTP (One Time Programmable). The power on/off sequence is also programmable by OTP or can be controlled through I2C bus online.
The MP5416 requires a minimal number external components, and is available in space-saving 28-pin QFN28 (4x4mm) package. Electrical Specification.
- High Efficiency Step-Down Converters
- Buck1: 4.5A DC/DC Converter
- Buck2: 2.5A DC/DC Converter
- Buck3: 4A DC/DC Converter
- Buck4: 2A DC/DC Converter
- 2.8V to 5.5V Operating Input Range
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Programmable Forced PWM/Auto PFM/PWM Mode
- Hiccup Over Current Protection
- Low Dropout Regulators
- One RTC Dedicate LDO
- Four Low Noise LDOs
- Two Separate Input Power Supplies
- 100mV Dropout at 300mA Load
- I2C Bus and OTP
- Power On/off Button
- Power On Reset Output
- Flexible Power On/off Sequence via OTP
- Flexible DC/DC, LDO On/off via OTP
- ±4kV HBM and ±2kV CDM ESD Rating for all pins
- IC Supported 1MP5416
Monolithic ICGET THIS IC
The MP5416-0001 is a complete power management solution that integrates four high-efficiency, step-down, DC/DC converters, five low-dropout regulators, and a flexible logic interface.
A constant-on-time (COT) control DC/DC converter provides fast transient response. The 1.5MHz default fixed switching frequency during continuous conduction mode (CCM) reduces the external inductor and capacitor values greatly. Full protection features include under-voltage lockout (UVLO), over-current protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown.
The output voltage is adjustable through the I2C bus or pre-set by the one-time programmable (OTP) function. The power on/off sequence is also programmable by the OTP or can be controlled through the I2C bus online.
The MP5416-0001 requires a minimal number of external components and is available in a space-saving, 28-pin QFN (4mmx4mm) package.