80V Input 1A High Power LED Driver
The EV4688DN-00A is an evaluation board for high power LED driver. It is implemented by MP4688DN, an integrated Buck white LED driver which is suitable for automotive, industry and general lighting applications with MPS patented pending technology.
The EV4688DN-00A is recommended to drive a single-string LEDs. It can drive up to 19 LEDs in one string. It regulates the LED current at about 730mA.
- Wide 4.5V to 80V OperatingInputRange
- No Output Capacitor Required
- ±5% LED Current Accuracy
- Hysteretic Control: No Compensation
- Up to 2MHz Switching Frequency
- Up to 20kHz Dimming Frequency
- Dedicated PWM Dimming Control Input
- Short circuit protection with integrated high side MOSFET
- Optional Output Voltage Limitation
- Thermal shut down
- 200mV reference voltage for high efficiency
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- 120μA Quiescent Current
- Available in SOIC8 with Exposed Pad Packages
- IC Supported 1MP4688
The MP4688 is a high voltage input step-down switching regulator to deliver a constant current of up to 1A to high power LEDs. It integrates a high-side high voltage power MOSFET with a current limit of 3.2A (typical value). The wide 4.5V to 80V input range accommodates a variety of step-down applications, making it ideal for automotive, industry and general lighting applications. Hysteresis current mode control is applied for very fast response, which makes the 20kHz dimming frequency possible. MPSs proprietary feedback control scheme minimizes the number of external components while delivering a LED current with typical ±5% accuracy. The switching frequency is up to 2MHz, thus allowing for small component size. The thermal shut down, short circuit protection, and optional output voltage limitation provide reliable, fault tolerant operations. A 170µA quiescent current allows its use in battery-powered applications. The MP4688 is available in SOIC8 with exposed pad packages.