Boost WLED Controller With Advanced Features, Full Protection and Soft Start Function
The MP4013B is a current mode controller designed for driving the high brightness Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) with wide supply voltage 8V-26V. It can be used in both Boost and SEPIC topologies.
The MP4013B drives external MOSFET with fixed frequency architecture to regulate the LED current, which is measured through an external current feedback resistor. The switching frequency can be programmed to meet kinds of applications. The cycle-by-cycle current limit can be programmed by the sense resistor on CS pin.
The MP4013B integrates a 600mV reference voltage for LED current feedback with ±1.2% accuracy; a 5V reference voltage with ±1% accuracy for the reference voltage for external circuit.
The MP4013B implements both DC input analog dimming and pulse signal input analog dimming function. The amplitude of the LED current could be controlled either by the level of a DC input signal or by the duty cycle of a pulse signal. The MP4013B also employs fast and deep PWM dimming to the LED current with high dimming ratio.
MP4013B integrates Under-Voltage Lockout, Over Voltage Protection, Over Current Protection, Short LED Protection, Short Output Protection, Short Inductor/diode Protection and OTP. The fault indicator is pulled low in fault condition.
The MP4013B is available in SOIC-16 package.
- Constant-current WLED Driver
- 600mV Feedback Voltage with ±1.2% Accuracy
- 8V-26V Input Voltage
- Programmable Switching Frequency
- Leading Edge Blanking for Current Sense
- High Dimming Ratio Fast PWM Dimming
- DC Input or Pulse Signal Input Analog Dimming
- 5V Reference Voltage with ±1% Accuracy
- External PWM Dimming MOS Driver
- Programmable Input Bus Voltage UVLO
- Soft Start @ Any Startup Condition
- Over Voltage Protection
- Short LED Protection
- Short Output Protection
- Over Current Protection
- Short Inductor/Diode Protection
- Fault Indicator
- VIN UVLO
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in SOIC-16 package
- Vin (max) (V)26
- fsw (min) (kHz)100
- fsw (max) (kHz)600
- Vfb (V)0.6
- Power MOSFETExternal
- Dimming (Output)P-Dim, A-Dim
- Iq (mA)1.1
- Typical LCD Screen SizesLarge (30"-45"), Large+ (>45")
- Other Features Inductor Short Protection