3A, 36V, Step-Down Converter with DCP and CDP Mode and Ground short to Battery protection for Automotive Evaluation Board
The EVQ4483-V-00A Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MPQ4483, which is a high-frequency, synchronous rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter. It achieves 3A output current over a wide input-supply range with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input-supply range. The MPQ4483 has synchronous-mode operation for higher efficiency over the output-load range.
MPQ4483 has CC (constant current) limit function for the output with two adjustable CC limit thresholds. MPQ4483 also supports BC 1.2 DCP mode and CDP mode.
Fault condition protection includes hiccup current limiting, OVP, Ground short to battery protection and thermal shutdown (TSD).
The MPQ4483 requires a minimum number of readily available, standard, external components. The MPQ4483 is available in a QFN25 (4mmx5mm) package Electrical Specification.
- Supports BC1.2 DCP and CDP mode
- 4.2V to 36V Operating Input-Voltage Range
- 3A Output Current
- Internal Auto EN Pull-up
- 25mΩ/20mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- Integrated 4mΩ Ground Sensing Resistor
- Frequency Adjustable (200kHz to 2.2MHz)
- Constant Current Limit, 2 level adjustable
- Forced PWM Mode
- Frequency SYNC from 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- Spread Spectrum Option with 450kHz fs
- EN Shutdown Discharge
- Low Dropout Mode
- Battery Short to Ground Protect Driver
- Output Over Voltage Protection
- Adjustable Line Drop Compensation
- Support 1V to 20V Output Adjustable
- QFN25 (4mmx5mm) Package with Wettable Flanks
- Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1