The EV4033-K-00B Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MP4033 with ripple suppressor. The MP4033 is a primary-side-control offline LED lighting controller which can achieve high power factor and accurate current for Triac dimmable LED lighting application. Its adaptive dimmer type detection and phase-cut-based dimming control can achieve good dimmer compatibility and deep dimming range.
It works in boundary conduction mode for reducing the MOSFET and Diode switching losses. The new ripple suppressor can obviously reduce the output current ripple and escape the flicker or shimmer happened in deep dimming situation with a little influence in efficiency.
The EV4033-K-00B is typically designed for driving an 8W Triac dimmable LED bulb with 24VTYP, 350mA LED load from 108VAC to 132VAC, 50Hz.
The EV4033-K-00B has an excellent efficiency and meets IEC61547 surge immunity, IEC61000-3-2 Class C harmonics and EN55015 conducted EMI requirements. It has multi-protection function as over-voltage protection; winding short circuit protection; output short-circuit protection, cycle by cycle current limit, etc.
- Fast Start up
- Adaptive Dimmer Type Detection and Phase-Cut-Based Dimming Control
- Triac Dimmable, with Good Dimmer Compatibility and Deep Dimming Range
- The Dimming Curve Meets Standard SSL6
- Direct PWM Dimming
- Real Current Control without Secondary-feedback Circuit
- Programmable Current Fold-back to Prolong the LED Lifetime (NTC)
- Accurate Line & Load Regulation
- High Power Factor over 198VAC to 265VAC
- Boundary Conduction Mode Improves Efficiency
- Input UVLO
- Cycle-by-cycle Current Limit
- Over-voltage Protection (OVP)
- Output Short-circuit Protection (SCP)
- Winding Short Circuit Protection
- ZCD Pin Short Circuit Protection
- Over-temperature Protection (OTP)
- Fit inside A19 Bulb Enclosure
- IC Supported 1MP4033
The MP4033 is a TRIAC-dimmable primary-sidecontrol, offline LED lighting controller with active PFC. It is also available for applications that requires analog dimming with PWM input. It outputs an accurate LED current for an isolated lighting application with a single-stage converter. The proprietary real-currentcontrol method accurately controls the LED current using primary-side information. The MP4033 implements power-factor correction and works in boundary-conduction mode to reduce MOSFET switching losses. The adaptive dimmer type detection and phase-cut-based dimming control achieves good dimmer compatibility and deep dimming range. The MP4033 has an integrated charging circuit at the supply pin for fast start-up without a perceptible delay. With the unique control of the driver pin DIM, the MP4033 supports color temperature and brightness control for warm sunset dimming application The MP4033 has multiple protections that greatly enhance system reliability and safety, including output over-voltage protection, output short-circuit protection, winding short circuit protection, programmable thermal fold-back (MSOP10/SOIC14), ZCD pin short circuit protection, supply-pin under-voltage lockout, and over-temperature protection. All fault protections feature auto-restart. The MP4033 is available in SOIC-8 / MSOP-10 / SOIC-14 package.